[erlang-questions] NYC Erlounge - Thursday the 11th at the Golden Unicorn

Rick R rick.richardson@REDACTED
Fri Dec 12 19:42:32 CET 2008

Well... Apparently our reservation was double booked with a party for the
Office of the Mayor.
When I got there, they had no idea that I was expected, I finally found the
guy that made the reservation and he said that our table would be ready in
10 minutes. He said this every 5 minutes for about 30 minutes. Also, the
office of the mayor didn't want us loitering in their space while we waited
so we were forced to camp out in the stairwell. At about 8pm, we decided to
leave. Took a cab to Marks St. and found a sushi joint, where we had a
pleasant conversation over sushi and beer until about 10:15.

Most of the conversation revolved around some alternatives to mnesia for the
Amie Street guys, and Mihai's mysterious employer, and beer. In general the
evening was nice, though not a successful Erlounge.

Everyone is hopeful that we can, with better weather and planning, organize
a regular meeting. I believe Suspenders said that they have Mondays and
Tuesdays free. I'll try to ping NYC:Erlang for preferred times.

Did I miss anything?