[erlang-questions] Book: "Robust Communications Software: Extreme Availability, Reliability and Scalability for Carrier-Grade Systems"

Kaiduan Xie kaiduanx@REDACTED
Wed Dec 10 17:13:13 CET 2008

I have this book, and have read it several times. In my ex-company, we used
C++ to build high performance VoIP server. We found that book is quite
useful. It explains WHAT you need to consider to build a carrier-grade
system, and HOW to do that. Generally it is a very good book, but it does
not provide working examples. For example, it says, for hot code upgrade,
you need to use incremental link, but it does not explain how to do with
gcc. I just hope the book also provides a framework/toolset to build
carrier-grade software in C++. Kudos to Ericsson for making Erlang/OTP open
source!

Hope someone, like Joe or Ulf can write a book on how to use Erlang/OTP to
build robust communication software.

Thanks,

kaiduan