[erlang-questions] {badarg, [{code_server, call, 2}, {error_handler, undefined_function, 3}]}

Bernard Duggan bernie@REDACTED
Tue Dec 9 07:18:58 CET 2008

Two ways spring to mind.

The first is to create it as a linked process using spawn_link() rather
than spawn() (or by subsequently calling link()).  Then, when the
process that spawned it dies, it will die too.  Of course, the reverse
is also true (the spawning process will die if the spawned one exists)
unless it has trap_exit enabled.

The other is to call exit(SpawnedPid, Reason) where 'Reason' is
something other than 'normal'.

There's probably other ways too that I can't think of right now (besides
just shutting down the whole vm of course).

Cheers,

Bernard