[erlang-questions] auto-syncing mnesia after a network split

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Mon Dec 8 16:27:38 CET 2008

On Dec 8, 2008, at 3:23 PM, mats cronqvist wrote:

>> Does this matter if all the nodes are aware of the clocks of all the
>> other nodes?
>
>   isn't that the same thing as saying that network partitioning is
>   not a problem as long as the network is not partitioned?

I mean to say that if I am node A and I know what the clock is on
nodes B, C and D then it doesn't matter if our clocks aren't perfectly
synchronized by NTP. I will know the skew and once node D splits off
and rejoins, I'll be able to compare the timestamp on my transactions
vs those on node D using that skew.

--
http://wagerlabs.com