[erlang-questions] Current time in milliseconds

Robert Virding rvirding@REDACTED
Sun Dec 7 17:02:22 CET 2008

Basically Megasecs*1000000 + Secs is the number of seconds from 1/1/1970.

So just now I got

1> now().
{1228,665491,453000}
2> (1228*1000000+655491)/(60*60*24*365).
38.960410039320145

which gives us 38.9 yrs from 1/1/1970.

Microsecs is, of course, the number of micro secs in this seconds.

Robert