[erlang-questions] Erlang/OTP, eunit and the LGPL

Kenneth Lundin <>
Wed Dec 3 13:39:08 CET 2008

> The easiest option that I see would be if the ProcessOne folks decided
> to grant the Erlang community use of the library under the EPL or
> other comparable license, either by dual licensing it or just changing
> the license terms. Until then, Folks in my position are unable to
> upgrade erlang past R12B-4. I don't intend this message to start a
> philosophical war over licenses. I just am pointing out the practical
> implications that this change has for me and possibly for others in
> similar situations. (Don't take Erlang away from me! Heh.)
We will try and most probably succeed to change the license for eunit
to EPL, but I don't really understand
how the LGPL on Eunit could be be a problem for using the rest of Erlang/OTP?

/Kenneth Erlang/OTP Ericsson