[erlang-questions] Any canonical bandwidth benchmarks for clusters?

Serge Aleynikov saleyn@REDACTED
Wed Dec 3 04:02:30 CET 2008

First of all you would always expect IP over IB to be significantly
slower than the MPI/IB interface, because the later uses RDMA and
bypasses the OS's TCP/IP stack.  I my experience with IP/IB, sending
large messages degrades throughput quite noticeably.  Try to split
messages in smaller chunks and redo the benchmark for different message
sizes.

Serge