[erlang-questions] auto-syncing mnesia after a network split

Felix Hamilton fhamilton@REDACTED
Tue Dec 2 23:49:25 CET 2008

Actually in the distributed system to which I am referring we used a
combination of 'real' time based on NTP and a type of logical
operation ordering, then discarded and demanded repetition of those
operations which we could not reconcile based on our two ordering
systems. And this was a very large scale distributed archival system
with *no* margin for commit errors.

So in some sense it depends on what you are doing. But I suggest that
having some type of relatively consistent 'real' time is still useful.

/Felix