[erlang-questions] auto-syncing mnesia after a network split

Felix Hamilton fhamilton@REDACTED
Tue Dec 2 22:56:25 CET 2008

Certainly that is what i have done previously. But in this context it
might make sense to implement a NTP server / client within Erlang so
as to minimize interaction with the host node operating system. As
soon as your deployed application starts requiring operating system
customization it becomes significantly more painful. It would nice to
be able to use NTP with an Erlang app without having to deal with
anything at the OS level.

And my suspicion is that Erlang may be quite suited for a robust
distributed NTP implementation in any case ...

/Felix