[erlang-questions] auto-syncing mnesia after a network split

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Tue Dec 2 22:18:20 CET 2008

On Dec 2, 2008, at 8:24 PM, David Mercer wrote:

> How do you handle unsynched clocks on the two nodes?
> Isn't this what
> databases use transaction logs for, and if so, can we learn anything
> from
> how they handle this situation?  Anyone have that expertise?

I think the only problem to solve here is that of keeping clocks in
sync.

If the clocks are in sync _and_ the Mnesia transaction log is
timestamped, then you can auto-sync by applying transactions in order
once the nodes rejoin.

Right?

--
http://twitter.com/wagerlabs