[erlang-questions] Use of application environment

Christian chsu79@REDACTED
Tue Dec 2 21:09:42 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 19:02, Edwin Fine <erlang-questions_efine@REDACTED> wrote:
> How do you propagate real-time configuration updates to a running worker?

The widest solution I have found for that situation is to make the
setting of such values explicit (as in using a handle_call clause for
it) and use the application behaviour's Module:start_phase/3 callback
to make sure it is set once at startup. Then one can use that
interface to change it at any time later.

It is quite convenient most of the time.

PS.

Documentation wise I'm quite confused how start phases are supposed to
work with included applications. Could someone have a go at explaining
it differently from the documentation?