[erlang-questions] QuickCheck thesis presentation, 20 August, 18:30

Jonas Boberg jonas@REDACTED
Mon Aug 18 14:07:18 CEST 2008

Hi,

I will be presenting my thesis at the next Erlang London User Group Meeting
on Wednesday, 20 August, at 18:30
This is also a sneak preview of the paper which has been accepted to the
2008 ACM SIGPLAN workshop in Victoria, Canada
For more information:
http://www.erlang-consulting.com/erlang/events.html
Register for the event here:
http://www.erlang-consulting.com/erlang/usergroup/erlanglondon/lugregister.html?event=Quick%20Check%20Thesis%20Presentation

Abstract:
Current and future trends for software include increasingly complex
requirements on interaction between systems. As a result, the
difficulty of system testing increases. Model based testing is a test
technique where test cases are generated from a model of the system.
In this study we explore model-based testing on the system-level,
starting from early development. We apply model-based testing to a
sub-system of a message gateway product in order to improve early
fault detection. The results are compared to another sub-system that
is tested with hand-crafted test cases.
Based on our experiences, we present a set of challenges and
recommendations for system-level, model-based testing. Early results
indicate that model-based testing, starting from early development,
significantly increases the number of faults detected during system
testing.

Regards
Jonas Boberg

--