[erlang-questions] scalaris code posted

ERLANG erlangy@REDACTED
Thu Aug 7 09:16:02 CEST 2008

Hi,

> Cool.  One application of this could be planet scale changing data
> sets of satellite imaging data.  The Chicago commodities companies
> also are always combing through mountains weather data for chop
> predictions.
>
> Have you heard about Hadoop distributed files system?
>
> http://hadoop.apache.org/
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadoop

We used Hadoop extensively with Nutch (a FullText Search Engine)
during the last years.
Hadoop, Nutch, and Lucene ... were all imagined by one person : Doug
Cutting.

To be honest, Hadoop's was really a pain and the performance wasn't as
good as we expected (
lot of Java process crash after days of indexation and needed to be
fixed manually. That was a challenge for us).
Anyway, Hadoop basics are simple and one can come up with an Erlang
implementation easily.

Y.