[erlang-questions] Compiling R12B-2 on Ubuntu 7.10

Adam Lindberg <>
Fri Apr 25 16:56:17 CEST 2008

I'm trying to compile Erlang R12B-2 on Ubuntu 7.10 with the following

./configure --enable-hipe --enable-smp-support --enable-threads

However, when compiling Dialyzer I get the following error:

=== Entering application dialyzer
make[2]: Entering directory
Dialyzer will now build auxiliary information needed for subsequent analyses...
A PLT for following libs will be built:
To select a different set please edit the file
/home/alind/Applications/otp_src_R12B-2/bin/dialyzer --check_init_plt
{"init terminating in

Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump
init terminating in do_boot ()
make[2]: *** [/home/alind/Applications/otp_src_R12B-2/lib/dialyzer/plt/dialyzer_init_plt]
Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
make[1]: *** [opt] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
make: *** [dialyzer] Error 2

Anybody encountered this before? The undef suggests that the module
dialyzer cannot be found?

I'd appreciate any help!

Adam Lindberg
Erlang Training & Consulting, http://www.erlang-consulting.com