[erlang-questions] Securing remote spawning

Sean Hinde sean.hinde@REDACTED
Wed Apr 23 21:29:11 CEST 2008

Hi,

No it doesn't mean you have to trust the firewall, all it means is
that you cannot use the built in erlang distribution for communication
with untrusted clients. It is very easy to roll your own RPC:

call(Sock, M,F,A) ->
     gen_tcp:send(Sock, erlang:term_to_binary(M,F,A)).

Then at the other end:

receive
     {tcp, Sock, Data} ->
         case erlang:term_to_binary(Data) of
             {M, F, A} when is_list(A) ->
	         case lists:member({M,F,length(A)}, Allowed_funcs) of
                     true ->
                         apply(M,F,A);
                     false ->
                          ignore