[erlang-questions] driver monitor problem

Grasl Christoph <>
Tue Apr 22 13:08:12 CEST 2008

Hi all,

i’ve the following problem regarding driver monitors and some hints would be very helpful

I’ve written a linked in driver in C and want to use the “process_exit” callback handler
to inform the driver if the connected process exited.

Therefore I installed a driver monitor with

      erl_err_msg("no monitor callback function or process alive\r\n");

The problem is now that if I exit the connected process the
callback function “process_exit” doesn't get triggered

Have I missed something or did I catch it wrong ???

Best regards,