[erlang-questions] noob gen_leader question

db masterofquestions@REDACTED
Fri Apr 18 19:13:15 CEST 2008

I reran the gdict example and election record shows b@REDACTED as down.
Even though this is not the case, but simply b@REDACTED is not the
current leader.  There is no distinction made between node being down
and nodes that aren't elected leader in actual election record/tuple.

Also, what is buffered field in the election record definition?

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 2:52 AM, Ulf Wiger <ulf@REDACTED> wrote:
>  The local-only mode was a way to allow the process to start before
>  the distribution was activated. In gproc, I allowed only local
>  registrations until a leader was elected, and I provided no function
>  for going back to local mode, once activated.
>
>  BR,
>  Ulf W

Thank you,
--
rk

That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do; not that
the nature of the thing itself is changed, but that our power to do is
increased.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson