[erlang-questions] noob gen_leader question

db <>
Fri Apr 18 19:13:15 CEST 2008

I reran the gdict example and election record shows  as down.
Even though this is not the case, but simply  is not the
current leader.  There is no distinction made between node being down
and nodes that aren't elected leader in actual election record/tuple.

Also, what is buffered field in the election record definition?

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 2:52 AM, Ulf Wiger <> wrote:
>  The local-only mode was a way to allow the process to start before
>  the distribution was activated. In gproc, I allowed only local
>  registrations until a leader was elected, and I provided no function
>  for going back to local mode, once activated.
>
>  BR,
>  Ulf W

Thank you,
--
rk

That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do; not that
the nature of the thing itself is changed, but that our power to do is
increased.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson