[erlang-questions] tab-expandable modules in the shell

Alexander Wagner waqner@REDACTED
Wed Apr 16 21:42:50 CEST 2008

> > Which Modules are expandable?
>
> As far as I know, all the loaded ones.

That clears some things up.

However, my real problem seems to be that a shell connected with -remsh
ignores the modules loaded on the node it connects to (yaws is my case).

1> l(mnesia).
makes mnesia expandable on a plain erl shell, but not with -remsh, where it
affects the node being connected to, not the remote shell.

So if I start yaws on a node named yaws@REDACTED, -remsh to it from shell@REDACTED,
I can -remsh another shell to shell@REDACTED and load modules there, so they
tab-expand while I'm working on yaws.
Does anyone know a less silly way to affect the shell-node off the top of his
head?

> You can, if you want to, use the flag -mode embedded to make sure that all
> modules in the boot script are loaded at startup:

This should work, it definately affects the modules loaded on the -remsh node.
Now I just need to read up on how to write my own boot scripts.

thanks
  Alexander Wagner

--
Who the hell wants to hear actors talk?