[erlang-questions] wxErlang

Dan Gudmundsson dgud@REDACTED
Mon Apr 14 11:55:57 CEST 2008

Comments below.

Bob Cowdery wrote:
> Dan
>
> That's good news, the new classes are gratefully received.
>
> I'm having a few issues with the new release which I hope you can help
> with.
>
> The code below should demonstrate.
>
> 1. In the previous release if I connected to 'paint' I received a
> message {wx,_,{wx_ref,_,wxFrame},{wxNcPaint,paint}}. In this release I
> think I correctly receive {wx,_,{wx_ref,_,wxFrame},_,{wxPaint,paint}}.
> However, these events fire continuously and take my processor to 100%. I
> found however that I could connect to 'nc_event' and receive
> {wx,_,{wx_ref,_,wxFrame},_,{wxNcPaint,nc_paint}} and these events only
> fire when they should do. However, I think NC means the non-client area
> and the wrong thing to attach to.

Yes I fixed the nc_paint <-> paint, which was a bug in previous releases,
I noticed that it changed how often the events was fired I don't know
the reason, but I solved it by using a buffered-DC, which you are already
using, and set the appropriate skip option in the connect call.

I wonder if you have to use callbacks for those events?

> 2. In the code I have commented out a call to drawLines/2. Although this
> draws correctly my processor goes up to 50% and the window hangs (i.e
> 'not responding' in the title bar). I used this call a lot in the
> previous release without any problems.

I will take a look at wxDc:drawLines and see if I've introduced a bug or two,
I'll email you privately.

Thanks
/Dan