[erlang-questions] Weird pg2 behavior

Matthew Dempsky <>
Fri Apr 4 04:24:58 CEST 2008

We're seeing weird behavior with pg2, namely that dead pids are not
getting cleared from the pg2:get_members table.  E.g.

250> [X || X <- pg2:get_members(Group) --
pg2:get_local_members(Group), node(X) =:= node()].

As I understand pg2, the above expression should always evaluate to an
empty list (ignoring race conditions).  I've looked over pg2's source
code briefly, and I don't see anything obvious that could cause this.

Am I correct that this is a bug in pg2?  Can anyone suggest what might
cause this?