[erlang-questions] how: Mock processes in a test setup

Zvi exta7@REDACTED
Thu Apr 3 02:03:03 CEST 2008

Christian,

I also interested in this subject. I'm not an expert, but I think that
standard way to implement mockups/stubs/simulations in Erlang it's using
callback modules, especially in OTP.
I.e. suppose you have gen_fsm process controlling some fancy hardware. The
hardware is not available yet, so you write mockup gen_fsm callback module:
fancy_hw_sim . When actual hardware is available, you write   fance_hw_real
callback module.  Then you either put callback name into define or choose it
at runtime at start / start_link .

Zvi