[erlang-questions] A async c driver issues: The emulator will be halted during the execution of c driver code.

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Wed Apr 2 17:29:06 CEST 2008

In the documentation you can read how to write an asynchronous driver.
You find it here http://www.erlang.org/doc/apps/erts/driver.html#6.5.
It's part of the ERTS users guide.

It is a well known fact that drivers (the most common synchronous ones) block
the VM during their execution. You must be very careful to secure that you don't
execute for too long in those drivers.

Are you really sure that the speed for parsing this in Erlang is not enough?
You can even use native code generation with HiPE. By coding this in Erlang you
avoid the problems you have with the driver.

/Kenneth