[erlang-questions] R11B-5 vs R12B-1: Win32 CPU Usage?

Jan Jacobs hpjcon@REDACTED
Tue Apr 1 22:29:38 CEST 2008

Hi Kenneth,

> I am not sure (rather the opposite) that the CPU time is a relevant
> measure.
It is actually percentage CPU usage.

>It is also important to know if you have recompiled all your modules with
>the R12B compiler
Yes, deleted all the beam files from my app an lib directories and
recompiled it with the relevant compiler.

>if you are running the SMP or non SMP version of the Erlang VM.
I used the default settings, which is SMP for the Pentium 4.

I  did the tests again and the result are different!
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.6.1 [smp:2] [async-threads:0]
Application percentage CPU usage: 36%

Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.6.1 [async-threads:0]
Application percentage CPU usage: 38%

Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.5.5 [async-threads:0]
Application percentage CPU usage: 40%

This is more in line with what you were saying about R12B1.
My mistake, I must have done something stupid the fist time around with the
tests!

Thanks
Jan