[erlang-questions] Storing tuples directly in Mnesia without records

shahzad bhatti bhatti_shahzad@REDACTED
Sun Sep 30 19:34:44 CEST 2007

Though, I would like to use tuples of any arity, so that clients can store any tuples without defining schema. But it sounds like I will have to add that constraint for arity and record name. Also, is it possible for insert to automatically add table/schema if it does not exist. And is there any event that I can listen to know when tuples are added to simulate blocking read/remove (preferably using pattern based filtering). Thanks again.

Ulf Wiger <ulf@REDACTED> wrote: Yes, you can use tuples directly. Unlike ets, mnesia requires
the key to be the second element in the tuple, and the first
element needs to be a label (record_name).

Mnesia will check that the inserted data is a tuple of the
right arity, and that the first element of the tuple is equal
to the 'record_name' of the table (this defaults to the table
name, but can be changed with the {record_name, N} option.

Remember, records are only syntactic sugar for tagged tuples.

BR,
Ulf W

2007/9/30, shahzad bhatti :