[erlang-questions] Regular expression library (was Not an Erlang fan)

Yariv Sadan yarivsadan@REDACTED
Thu Sep 27 01:07:08 CEST 2007

I was wondering if it would be possible/beneficial to write a regexp
compiler that takes a regexp string and compiles it into an Erlang
module.

You would use it as follows:

regexp2:compile("f*o+o?", myregexp, [native]),
true = myregexp:matches("foo").

This could be a very fast regexp engine.

What do you think?

Yariv