[erlang-questions] newb: Erlang Mnesia Full Text Search

jm jeffm@REDACTED
Wed Sep 26 02:43:20 CEST 2007

joe lee wrote:
> At our company, we are planning to implement a web app in Erlang and
> Mnesia.  In the previous project (php) we looked at Java Lucene, Xapian
> and Sphinx Search.  We finally decided with Sphinx Search.  Sphin Search
> was very fast compared Lucene, Xapian and was easy to setup.  Its just
> hooks into mysql.

Mnesia is just a database. It holds a similar position to SQL databases.
  Tuples are stored using one of the fields as a key. In doesn't do any
text indexing for that you'll need to add a layer on top of mnesia. I
can't think of one off the top of my head for erlang. Someone else on
the list may know of one though.

see also,
http://www.erlang.org/doc/apps/mnesia/index.html
http://www.erlang.org/doc/pdf/mnesia.pdf