[erlang-questions] gen_tcp receving slow

Per Hedeland per@REDACTED
Tue Sep 25 23:58:45 CEST 2007

Claes Wikstrom <klacke@REDACTED> wrote:

>igwan wrote:
>> Per Hedeland wrote :
>>> I guess you'll need to dig deep into the inet modules and driver to
>>> figure out why.:-)
>>>
>> I'm glad I don't need to ... :-) I just raised recbuf to a higher value
>> and now I'm happy :
>>
>> with {recbuf, 10*1024*1024} transfering 113 MB of data :
>>

>That's boring - we shouldn't have to fiddle with the size
>of the recbufs to get good TCP performace.

Agreed - and in case it wasn't clear from the numbers in my message, my
suggestion to go digging wasn't to find out why active receive was
"slow" per se, but rather why passive receive was ~ 10 times faster (at
least in this particular case). The same recbuf size was used for
both...

--Per