[erlang-questions] gen_tcp receving slow

igwan igwan@REDACTED
Tue Sep 25 11:13:49 CEST 2007

Claes Wikstrom a écrit :
> So - this is no TCP asymmetry - it's just poorly written parse code
> that parse the POSTed data.
This is what I thought at first about my parsing code, so I tested
sending the same data in {tcp, Socket, Data} messages using a dummy
socket process, just like the gen_tcp does, and it's really fast. In
another test, I set up a process which does nothing but count incoming
bytes from (the real) gen_tcp, and that's slow, so my guess is that the
bottleneck lies in gen_tcp or esock.

igwan