[erlang-questions] Memcached client implementation

David Welton davidnwelton@REDACTED
Sat Sep 22 01:07:38 CEST 2007

 >         I wrote a java client that looks a lot like I would imagine this
> looking.  It's got one thread that performs all of the communication,
> and what is in effect a message queue to push requests in to it.
>
>         I get *really* good performance off of my one connection and one IO
> thread.

Interesting.  If you're set up for benchmarking, an interesting
comparison might be with 'memcached in erlang':

http://dsas.blog.klab.org/archives/51094713.html

Just to see how much better the real thing is vs something done in Erlang.

Version control commentary snipped.  I'm putting it in Jungerl,
infact, I just commited it.  I'm a little bit embarassed, because I
haven't worked with Erlang for a few years, so the code is surely kind
of ugly.

--
David N. Welton
http://www.welton.it/davidw/