[erlang-questions] Memcached client implementation

David Welton davidnwelton@REDACTED
Fri Sep 21 10:15:32 CEST 2007

Hi,

I needed a memcached implementation for some work I'm doing, so I've
been working on a simple one.  A few questions:

1) I'm using gen_server so that I can start it up and have a socket
that remains open with the memcached server.  Does that seem like a
good approach?  It's been several years since I've worked with Erlang
and I'm a bit rusty.

2) We would like to open source this code - what might be the best
place for it?  I still have commit access to jungerl (isn't it time to
switch to subversion, though?), so that's one possibility - anything
else?

Thanks,
--
David N. Welton