[erlang-questions] du in Erlang as a first attempt at an application

Jarrod Roberson jarrod@REDACTED
Tue Sep 18 00:51:17 CEST 2007

I am trying to grok how to write a simple 'du' like program that walks
a directory structure ( not just one but all nested directories ) and
calculates a sum of all the file sizes. I found some sum() code that I
understand how that works.

I have stared at my Programming Erlang book I got a few days ago, and
stared at the Erlang Cookbook as well as staring and hacking at the
erlang shell and it just isn't clicking.

>From what I see, this should be like a 5 line program in Erlang.

Can anyone provide a working example or point me in the correct direction?