[erlang-questions] top(1) in Erlang

David King <>
Mon Sep 17 18:00:38 CEST 2007

I'm trying to write a process monitor akin to Unix's top(1) for
Erlang processes. Is there any way to determine how long a given
process spent with the CPU over the last X units of time? The
scheduler has to know this, does it expose that information? Does
something like this already exist that I'm missing?

erlang:process_info/1 returns the following for a given process:

Is reductions close to what I want? Will that increment for things
other than function calls? Does that matter?