[erlang-questions] list:join() for erlang?

ok ok@REDACTED
Sat Sep 15 07:10:47 CEST 2007

On 14 Sep 2007, at 9:11 pm, Bob Ippolito wrote:
> Sure, it works great for concatenating two lists, but it's not
> necessarily great for O(N^2) lists.

But that is TOTALLY irrelevant to the algorithm we have been
discussing, where the total cost, using ++, is LINEAR in the
total size of the input.  The use of flatten will in NO WAY
improve the performance for THIS particular problem.

Basically, if you arrange your recursive code so that
whenever there is E1 ++ E2 you also have E1 is part of
the input (and never used again) while E2 may be recursively