[erlang-questions] [Q] Mnesia is overloaded

Dan Gudmundsson dgud@REDACTED
Fri Sep 14 08:21:57 CEST 2007

Once in while (see mnesia dump_log_write_threshold, mnesia
dump_log_time_threshold) mnesia dumps the transaction log, out to the
actual disc tables.
If a dump-process is not finished when the next starts it will write
the warning message.
I.e. it means that your are writing more to the disc than mnesia can
handle, and if you continue to do it you will build up log files that
eventually will fill up all your disc space and that is not good.

So if you get these messages once in while during peek load it's no
problem, if you continuously get them you have a problem you are
overloading mnesia's disc performance.

/Dan