[erlang-questions] Invoking a function based on name only

Bob Ippolito <>
Fri Sep 14 01:10:55 CEST 2007

On 9/13/07, Kevin A. Smith <> wrote:
> If I have the name of the function and the module it belongs to, how
> can I invoke it? I tried cobbling together erl_scan and friends but
> the embedded macros in the code gave me some heartburn. Any pointers?

It's really not clear to me what you're trying to do, but you can get
the list of exported functions and their arity from M:module_info().

1> proplists:get_value(exports, lists:module_info()).

And you can call them with the apply/3 BIF.

2> apply(lists, append, ["foo", "bar"]).