[erlang-questions] bad links in OTP Design Principles html doc

Thu Sep 13 15:39:35 CEST 2007

Sorry about you not getting an answer before. I forwarded it to
the concerned, they identified the problem but who should
reply was forgotten.

The problem is that there is a script that goes through the documentation
and rewrites links to create the version independent documentation.
That script assumed a flat namespace for the .html pages. For gen_server
there is both a module documentation and a design principles documentation
page with the same basename.

It is easier to change the name of the design principles document
than to make the rewriting script aware of manual sections (separating
namespaces), so that is what we will do, but it will have to wait
to the next release, that is R12B during this autumn.