[erlang-questions] Code review request

Richard Andrews bbmaj7@REDACTED
Thu Sep 13 01:00:24 CEST 2007

--- Vance Shipley <vances@REDACTED> wrote:
> The erlang list is archived and searchable:  http://www.erlang.org/faq.html.

True but that's not the same. Being able to search for something when you know
where to look and what you are looking for (the nomenclature) is different to
searching for info about ideas that you cannot yet name.

Also a forum (or better a wiki), distils the essential concepts into concise
dissertations without the stream-of-consciousness, tangential fluff that bloats
email archives. IMO wiki/forum layout is more suited to the beginning to
intermediate level developer.

I'm of that level and I like the cookbooks on trapexit, but I find they are
often too simplistic. I don't see a self-education bridge from these
over-simplified examples to real-world levels of complexity.

I would like to see a code reviews and examples by experienced developers. But
trawling email threads to distil the information doesn't sound like fun to me.