[erlang-questions] question about node spawning

Josh Noble joshuajnoble@REDACTED
Wed Sep 12 20:14:30 CEST 2007

Hi, please let me know if this is off-topic or could be handled
somewhere else better, but I figured I'd throw it up here and see what
happens. When I initialize a process like:

erl -sname base

I get this:

(base@REDACTED)

which throws errors when I try to run the "multiple processes on
localhost" example from ch. 10 of the Programming Erlang book because
the rpc chokes on the 'cpe-190-55-115-44'. I'm not sure why this is
happening, but if anyone has any advice on how to configure processes
when they're spawned a little better. I can of course just do

erl -sname base@REDACTED

and it's fine. I'm just wondering why the default spawning is a little
strange. Thanks,

Josh

--
Joshua Noble