[erlang-questions] FFI for Erlang: patches and draft EEP

Claes Wikstrom klacke@REDACTED
Tue Sep 11 17:12:51 CEST 2007

Alceste Scalas wrote:

>> return C --> erlang - I can't seem to find any ways for the
>> C code to return a binary() back to erlang ?? This is IMHO
>> necessary
>
> The current FFI implementation, taken alone, does *not* allow the C side
> to fiddle with the Erlang VM (e.g. by allocating binaries or other
> terms).

My question was that I couldn't find any way for the C code
to return e.g. a string back to the erlang caller, a string
on the C side would then typically be represented as a binary()
on the erlang side.

/klacke