[erlang-questions] FFI for Erlang: patches and draft EEP

Alceste Scalas alceste@REDACTED
Tue Sep 11 14:29:05 CEST 2007

Hello,

some time ago [1] I asked for comments about extending Erlang/OTP with a
Foreign Function Interface (FFI) --- i.e. some new BIFs for calling
external C code, with automatic Erlang/C type translations.  The
response was pretty good.

After some cleanup, testing and bugfixing (and vacations...), I've
prepared a draft EEP (Erlang Enhancement Proposal) and a series of
patches that implement the proposal.  Everything is available at the
following URL:

        http://muvara.org/crs4/erlang/ffi

The implementation is based on OTP R11B-5, and has been tested on i386
and x86_64 (on GNU/Linux).  A simple test suite is also available.

Comments, bug reports and patches are more than welcome.  Have fun!

Regards,

alceste

P.S.: the URL above is temporary, and will redirect on www.crs4.it
      when some technical issues are resolved.

Notes:

  [1] First discussion about the Erlang FFI proposal:
http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2007-August/028346.html

--
Alceste Scalas <alceste@REDACTED>
CRS4 - http://www.crs4.it/