[erlang-questions] testing frameworks

Torbjorn Tornkvist <>
Wed Sep 5 23:06:18 CEST 2007

Vlad Dumitrescu wrote:
> Hi Tobbe,
> On 9/5/07, *Torbjorn Tornkvist* <
> <mailto:>> wrote:
>     We at Kreditor are using Yatsy ( http://code.google.com/p/yatsy ),
>     and EUnit.
> Could you please make a quick comparison between the two? What does the
> one have that the other doesn't? Than main thing I see with yatsy is the
> report generator, but there might be others.

I'm afraid I don't know the ETS (Erlang Test Server) that well.

The SUITE-files of Yatsy are almost identical with what ETS defines.
Apart from that, the code doesn't have anything in common.

I guess that one major benefit with Yatsy is that is has got a public
repository. What is sorely lacking in Yatsy however, is proper
documentation. There is a 'getting started' text at:

but more docs should/will be written.

NB: We are also using Yatsy in combination with CruiseControl with good

Cheers, Tobbe