[erlang-questions] Tilera 64-core chip

Roberto Saccon rsaccon@REDACTED
Tue Sep 4 19:55:16 CEST 2007

Here is my experience: after reading Ulf's initial post I filled out
the contact form at their website and asked for price and purchase
proceedings for a single evaluation board. Yesterday I got a response
from sales@REDACTED apologizing for the delay and asking questions I
already had answered in that contact form, e.g.:  you want a chip or a
turnkey solution ...

I guess it's just vaporware now, beside of a few prototypes ..

On 9/4/07, G Bulmer <gbulmer@REDACTED> wrote:
> I have filled in the web-forms yesterday, and telephoned Tilera
> several times today, but I haven't had a response. I have a potential
> commercial application, so I'm keen to get prices on the board.
>
> Other interesting comments from someone who (says they) worked on RAW
> are here:
> http://realworldtech.com/forums/index.cfm?
> action=detail&id=82137&threadid=82135&roomid=2
> they identify several possible weaknesses (though memory is the main
> one that might effect my application).
>
> This person notes some of the weaknesses of RAW, and the apparent
> improvements. It may be quite complex to use, depends on their
> software development tools.
>
> GB

Roberto Saccon
http://rsaccon.com