[erlang-questions] Tools for Erlangers

Yariv Sadan yarivsadan@REDACTED
Mon Sep 3 06:48:42 CEST 2007

ErlyWeb compiles your application's code for you, and it also provides
database abstraction and view-controller separation, which effectively
does the job of Ant, Spring and Hibernate together (I don't claim
ErlyWeb has all the features of those tools, but it probably has most
if not all the features you need). For text editor, you can use emacs
or TextEdit if you have a Mac and you're good to go.

One thing that I find lacking is an IDE-integrated debugger.
debugger:start() has its own GUI, where you have to locate the source
file(s) you want to debug, which is cumbersome compared to an
integrated debugger such as in Eclipse. I think Distel is supposed to
have an integrated debugger but I couldn't get it to work..

Yariv