[erlang-questions] Open Source ErlSigtran

Eranga Udesh casper2000a@REDACTED
Tue Oct 30 09:28:59 CET 2007

You are quite right. To my understanding,

GPL like licenses wants the ISV or VARs, who uses the GPL licensed product
to distribute their own product under GPL. Otherwise there's provision to
buy commercial license. License cost is most of the time a fraction of a
fully commercialized product.

Also there's Apache/Apple like licenses which allow to distribute your
product commercially/closed source, while the Open Source product must be
distribute in source code version with the license attached.

Both model are highly successful. Under 1st model there're project driving
companies, hence faster development and support, while in the 2nd case it's
most of the time like communities.

- Eranga