[erlang-questions] erlang api documentation

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Wed Oct 24 21:41:12 CEST 2007

Hi again

I have plans to improve the doc's in the direction you ask for.
I am also considering using Javascript in a similar way as used in the
previously
mentioned http://gotapi.com.
But I think it is still a requirement that the doc's can be downloaded
and browsed
locally without the need for having a web-server running. I think it
would be ok to
require a browser with javascript capabilities (we already require
javascript when it
comes to links between applications)

The suggested approach in summary:
- Stop using frames, Use CSS instead for the layout
- Nicer fonts
- Use Javascript to achieve expandable tree view navigation to the left
- Search as you type support (also with Javascript) similar as gotapi.com

Any comments on this approach?

/Kenneth Erlang/OTP team at Ericsson