[erlang-questions] Rant: I hate parsing XML with Erlang

Ola Andersson A <>
Tue Oct 23 14:25:19 CEST 2007

I agree! Except for the "Erlang" part...
xmerl is extremely unpleasant to work with, but isn't the problem more
related to XML than the programming language?
I find it hopeless to translate the XML mess into an accessible data
I long for the good old ASN.1 days when protocols were designed for
instead of humans. Who needs to parse protocols without a computer?