[erlang-questions] Rant: I hate parsing XML with Erlang

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Tue Oct 23 13:57:39 CEST 2007

Hi,

Just to clarify.
You happens to hate XML handling with the XMERL application that is
part of the Erlang/OTP distribution.
We are very well aware of that XMERL and the support for XML in the
distribution needs improvements and they will happen.

But I don't think you can draw any conclusions regarding Erlang as a
language and
how well suited it is for XML programming because of this.

I would appreciate if  you maybe can be a little more specific about
what you think needs to be improved in XMERL.
The output from xmerl_scan:file/2 is big but is not intended for
viewing on the screen. We think there is need for a more compact
output as well, among other things for performance reasons.

/Kenneth Erlang/OTP group at Ericsson