[erlang-questions] Error running crypto:start() under windows

Ahmed Ali ahmed.nawras@REDACTED
Fri Oct 19 22:16:33 CEST 2007

Hi,

During playing with erlyweb under windows, when running erlydb:start()
function, I got into troubles. The reason was due to crypto:start() giving
me the following error:

{error,{shutdown,{crypto_app,start,[normal,[]]}}}
=INFO REPORT==== 19-Oct-2007::23:30:11 ===
    application: crypto
    exited: {shutdown,{crypto_app,start,[normal,[]]}}
    type: temporary

I spent sometime trying to figure out the issue but finally I did solve it
and I thought I'd inform others about it in the mailing list. The solution
is to copy "libeay32.dll" to C:\Windows directory. I hope this is helpful.

Best regards,

Ahmed Al-Issaei