[erlang-questions] *current* value?

Sean Hinde sean.hinde@REDACTED
Thu Oct 18 00:15:48 CEST 2007

I would add a note of caution to your new found understanding. Using
the process dictionary instead of passing parameters in the vast
majority of normal erlang code can lead to the most incredibly
strange bugs, and is almost never what you want.

The use as described in mnesia is a neat hack, and as far as I know
it is the only place it is used in the whole of OTP.

Probably the best place to learn idiomatic erlang is from the sources
to the rest of the (less complex) applications that come with OTP,
and a few of the open source applications out there.

Sean