[erlang-questions] systools:make_script performs a DNS lookup

Kenneth Lundin <>
Tue Oct 16 19:47:59 CEST 2007

And how are you running systools:make_script when you observe the DNS lookup?
Are you perhaps running it from the command line something like this?

erl -s systools makescript SomeMoreArg

I agree that there is no reason for systools:make_script to do a DNS lookup.
It must be a side effect of something else.

/Kenneth (Erlang/OTP group at Ericsson)